- Service: classes, presentations, balls organized by Organizer
- Event: Services provide to Participant between 30th Oct – 5th Nov 2018 under the name “Lindy Shock University”
- Registration: request for services of Event
- Participant: a person with confirmed Registration
- Volunteer: people helping the Event happens before, during and after the dates of Event. Volunteers are selected and appointed by Organizer.
- Location: All places where parts of the event happen: buildings and boats of classes, presentations, and balls.
- As flights can be canceled or can be delayed, our artists (teachers, musicians, DJs, MC, …) can miss their flight. Also, artists might get ill. So we cannot guarantee that all announced artists will be present.
- The announced schedule and program might be changed.
- We cannot take any responsibility for your valuables or physical safety. Be careful – look out for yourself and for others as well!
- During the check-in, you will receive an ID tag (like a wristband). You have to wear it during the whole event. You cannot share or change it with anyone. In case you do not wear it or you cannot show it to the organizers you have to leave the event. In case you lose or ruin it you have to immediately inform the organizers about it. You accept that the organizers can collect, handle and store information about your location, level, and other activities during the camp based on the ID tag.
- We have some of the classes in school gyms. You can only enter gyms with appropriate shoes – no outdoor shoes; no high heels or shoes that could mark or ruin the floor.
- You can smoke only at the designated smoking areas. Please ask the organizers about these locations.
- We announce all lost & found properties on the web page within a month after the event finishes. We keep them for two weeks after the announcement. Contact us if you spot any of your lost items. We dispose all non-claimed items or offer them to non-profit organizations.
- Please do not take away our sets and costumes. We borrow or rent many of them. If you like any of them, ask and maybe we can make a deal.
- We cannot make any refunds or cannot accept your application because you have already bought the flight ticket already or already booked a hotel. You should not book anything till your application becomes valid. Read the application process to understand how your application becomes valid.
- We reserve the right to cancel your registration / participation / user account or ban you from the event in any such cases:
- Impersonating any Organizer / employees of Organizer / any volunteers
- Insulting Organizer / employees of Organizer / any volunteers / any participants / partners of Organizer
- Cheating (like accessing any service without having the right to it)
- Advertising at the locations of Event without the prior written permission from Organizer
- Any form of discrimination against Organizer / employees of Organizer / any volunteers / any participants / partners of Organizer
Partner & Team policy
One of the most important aspects of a successful dance course is to ensure an even number of leaders and followers. It is also very important that you want to come to the camp with your friends and dance partner. To match both requirements we have created Partner & Team policy. Most rules are valid only for participants who are taking courses. What happens when you apply for participation alone?
- In order to keep the camp balanced, we will pair you up with someone from the other role (your virtual partner’s name won’t appear on your application as your partner). If we cannot find anyone to pair up with you, you might go on the waiting list.
- This is why you are not allowed to add a partner once your application is accepted by the organizers. It would be your second “partner” and would affect the balance of the camp.
- To avoid confusion, you can state your wish at the time of registration: “you can pair me up freely” or “I’m undecided so please do not pair me up yet as I might add a partner later”
- When we pair you up with someone you have no responsibility for your partner, his or her cancellation has no effect on your registration.
- When you apply for participation you have to add your partner’s name. You can pair up only with someone from the other role (so a leader-leader or a follower-follower partnership is not accepted). You can pair up only with participants who are participating the same programs (participating in courses or parties or both). However, you can pair up with participants from different levels.
- We can accept your application when we have received the application of both you and your partner. It means that both of you have to apply separately.
- You and your partner are accepted immediately as long as we have empty spaces in that level.In some special cases, you might get on the waiting list if you and your partner are of a different level and those levels are already uneven.
- We might cancel your application in case your partner cancels and the level you are going to is getting uneven. If we cancel your application the Cancellation policy will be followed. Take it into consideration when you register with a partner.
- We might cancel your application in case your partner is changing his/her partner or his/her participation profile (like canceling course and coming just for balls). If we cancel your application the Cancellation policy will be followed. Take it into consideration when you register with a partner.
- 4 couples or more people where the roles (leaders/followers) are even or almost even (good solutions can be: 4-4, 4-5 or 5-4, 5-5, 5-6, …, 8-8, 8-10, …).
- You are coming together from the same city / area.
- You can join a team if you attend courses.
- It is possible that team members are not balanced and you get on waiting list. We check your application regularly and we accept it either as a team member or as a single application (not being a team member) once we have the chance for it. So being a team member is not decreasing your chance to get in.
- Each team has a Team leader. The Team Leader is the one who has created the team in the registration system. Scroll down for information about Team management.
- When you apply for participation you can select a team.
- All members of a team have to be accepted by the team leader. We check and accept your application only after the Team leader has approved it. In case the Team leader rejects your application, your application will stay valid, but you won’t be a team member anymore.
- We can accept your application when we have received enough applications for the team. It means that every member of the team has to register separately.
- Once we have accepted your application you can join or leave a team (with your partner if you have one).
- You are accepted immediately until we have empty spaces on that level and the actual status of the team is matching the team rules.In some special cases, you might get on the waiting list if the level chosen is seriously uneven or full already.
- We might cancel your application in case your team fails to match the team rules because of earlier cancellations. If we cancel your application the Cancellation policy will be followed. Take it into consideration when you register with a team.
- We might cancel your application in case your team is deleted or your membership is rejected. In such case, we re-evaluate your application based on our general rules. If we cancel your application the Cancellation policy will be followed. Take it into consideration when you register with a partner.
- We understand that a team can be a flexible thing with many applications, cancellations, and changes. We try our best to handle all these changes in a satisfying manner. We manage all these issues through the Team manager. Please contact him or her if you have any questions or problems with your team registration.
- You can still have a partner when you are a team member too.
- First, you have to create an account on the application interface.
- Once your account is live you have the option to create a team. To create a team, all you have to add is the name of the team.
- You can create and manage a team without applying for participation. It means that you do not have to participate in order to manage a team.
- As a team leader, you will have a “Manage team” function on the application interface. There you can see who joined your team and what is their status.
- Every time someone is joining your team, you will receive an e-mail. You have to approve or refuse their application for the team. We accept their application for participation only after you have approved or refused their application for the team.
- We understand that a team can be a flexible thing with many registrations, cancellations, and changes. We try our best to handle all these changes the way satisfying you. We handle all these issues through the Team manager. Please contact your team members and collect all the issues. We are open to discussing any issues in detail with you!
Transfering your participation
It is possible that you cannot attend the event. It is possible to transfer your participation to your friend.
- Please login to your User account and write us an e-mail.
- Organizer of the event has to approve it
- Your friend has to create a User account too
- There is a 20 euros adminstration fee
It is possible that you cannot attend the event and you have to cancel. Grounds for cancellation?
- Generally, you can cancel anytime. You can express your wish through the User account.
- In case we accept your registration, you have to pay within a few days (3-7 days based on how close the event is). If we do not receive your payment in time your registration will be canceled.
- We can cancel your registration any time if your partner cancels.
- We can cancel your registration any time if your team fails to meet the team requirements because of cancellation(s).
- We can cancel your registration any time if you express your cancellation wish in any written form.
- We can cancel your registration any time if we believe that your registration information is false and you cannot provide us evidence to the contrary (like stating you are a leader whilst being a follower).
- If you cannot attend the event it counts as a cancellation, no matter what is the reason. So a canceled flight, an injury, an illness, a sudden working weekend or anything else counts as a cancellation and the cancellation rules are applied.
- If you change your registration to a smaller package we can apply the cancellation policy on the difference (for example: changing the balls to late night balls).
- If you cancel your participation we cannot give back money. However, if you cancel before the 10th of October, we are happy to move your payment minus 20 euros to next year where you can use it again.
- If you cancel, we might cancel your partner’s registration or any team member’s registration from your member to keep the balance of the classes and balls. We apply the same cancellation policy in their cases.
- We cannot change these rules because of illness, canceled flight or any other reason.
- We cannot provide such service.
- An insurance company might be able providing you such service.
In the following paragraphs, we describe how can you send your payment for the occuring expenses.
- You have to send all your payments in advance as most of the event’s costs occur before the event starts.
- Each financial transaction might have a cost you have to cover that cost. Please keep that in mind when you send us payment.
- Bank transfer
- Card payment. We accept VISA, VISA Electron, V-Pay, MasterCard, Maestro and JCB cards.
In order to send your Registration, you have to create a User Account. The account contains your basic personal information like name, contact information. Once you have created your account you can use it for oncoming Lindy Shock events, no need to submit your personal information every time. Until you have an account Lindy Shock will send you newsletter time-to-time. You can delete your account. You can delete your User Account when you have no valid Registration to the Event’s any Services.